HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS
We are proud to offer up to eight $1,000 scholarships to women graduating from high schools in the Placer Union High School District. Recipients are evaluated based upon the following criteria.
- Has maintained a 3.0 GPA or higher,
- Is applying to a 2-year or 4-year college or university (preferred major of science, technology, engineering or mathematics),
- Will submit two letters of recommendation, a high school transcript, a resume, and the application.
Application deadline: 2024 deadline TBA
For the community college or technical school application, click here: 2 year – High School Scholarship Application 2023-2024.
For the 4-year college or university application, click here: 4 year – High School Scholarship Application 2023-2024
Applications also can be obtained through each of the Placer Union High Schools’ counseling offices (Del Oro, Colfax, Foresthill, Maidu, and Confluence).
TRANSFER AND RE-ENTRY SCHOLARSHIPS
Transferring Woman’s Scholarship
Annually, we award up to two $1,000 scholarships for women transferring to a 4-year college in the Fall. STEM majors (Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Nursing and other STEM Majors/Career Goals) are preferred, but not required. The student must:
- Have a permanent address within the Placer Union High School District boundaries.
- Be transferring to a 4-year college or university in the Fall of 2023.
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
- Provide the completed application and two letters of recommendation.
Application deadline: 2024 deadline TBA. Apply here: Transfer Scholarship Application 2023
Re-entry Woman’s Scholarship
Annually, we award up to one $1,000 scholarship to a woman actively re-entering college whose education was interrupted by life circumstances. STEM majors (Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Nursing and other STEM Majors/Career Goals) are preferred, but not required. The student must:
- Have a permanent address in the Greater Auburn area and within the boundaries of the Placer Union High School District
- Must be a re-entry female student enrolled in at least 6 units at Sierra College for the 22/23 school year
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Provide a minimum of one letter of recommendation and preferably two letters.
Application deadline: 2024 deadline TBA. To apply, use Sierra College Scholarship Search and search for AAUW Auburn Branch:.
Our goal is to raise $20,000, annually, so we can fully fund scholarships. We are making progress due to the generosity of our members. To reach our goal we need support from our community – both individuals and local businesses. Please spread the word to your friends and family – and join us in making those dreams possible. Thank you!
DONATE NOW To donate online, click on the “Donate” button on the upper righthand side of this page – be sure to designate “scholarships” in the drop down menu. If you prefer to download a donation form click here: DONATE